Generic Name: avapritinib
Dosage Form: tablet, film coated
Classes: Antineoplastics, Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor; PDGFR-alpha Inhibitors.
What is Ayvakit?
Ayvakit(avapritinib) is a cancer prescription medicine used in treatment in adults with a certain type of stomach, bowel, or esophagus cancer called a gastrointestinal stromal tumor.
Uses of Ayvakit
- Stomach Cancer.
- Bowel cancer.
- Esophagus cancer.
Side effects of Ayvakit
Some common side effects of Ayvakit:
- Muscle weakness.
- Watery eyes.
- Loss of appetite.
- Change in how food tastes.
- Stomach/abdominal pain.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Ayvakit.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Ayvakit is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.