What is Caprelsa(vandetanib)?
Generic Name: vandetanib
Brand Name: Caprelsa
Caprelsa(vandetanib) is a medication for treating medullary thyroid cancer which has spread to other body parts or cannot be removed even by surgery. Caprelsa takes a long time to be removed from the body so it is a high chance of having side effects even after treatment.
Uses of vandetanib:
- Medullary Thyroid Cancer.
Possible Side effects of vandetanib:
- Decreased Appetite.
- Changes In Taste.
- Dry Mouth.
- Stomach Pain.
- Headache Or Blurred Vision.
- Nail Problems (Such As Nail Bed Swelling/Tenderness/Infection).
Precautions while taking vandetanib:
- Make sure you are not allergic to vandetanib.
- Discuss medical history with the doctor.
- Increases sun sensitivity.
- In pregnancy vandetanib is not recommended.
- Breast-feeding not recommended.