Generic Name: certolizumab (SER toe LIZ oo mab)
Brand Names: Cimzia
What is Cimzia?
Cimzia (certolizumab) reduces inflammation and used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis.
Uses of Cimzia
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Psoriatic arthritis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Plaque psoriasis.
- Non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis.
Side effects of Cimzia
Some common side effects of Cimzia:
- Sore throat.
- Stuffy/runny nose.
- Burning/painful/frequent urination.
- Joint pain.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Cimzia.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Cimzia is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.