What is Enhertu?
Enhertu (trastuzumab deruxtecanmedication) is a monoclonal antibody and topoisomerase inhibitor conjugate used to treat certain types of breast cancer. Enhertu attacks HER2 cancer cells by stopping them from dividing and growing.
Generic Name: fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan
Brand Name: Enhertu
Uses of Enhertu (trastuzumab deruxtecanmedication):
Enhertu used in the treatment of HER2+ breast cancer of certain types as below:
- metastatic (has spread to such as the bones, liver, brain, or lungs(other body parts)).
- unresectable (surgery is not possible)
Side effects of Enhertu:
- Stomach/Abdominal Pain.
- Constipation, Nausea.
- Vomiting, Mouth Sores.
- Dry Mouth.
- Loss Of Appetite.
- Hair Loss.
- Nose Bleeds, Or Headache May Occur.
Tell your doctor if any side effects persist, or any serious side effect occurs.
Precations before taking Enhertu
- Make sure you are not allergic to Enhertu.
- Explain all your medical history to your doctor.
- May worsen infections.
- Driving is not recommended.
- Not recommended in pregnancies.
- Avoid breastfeeding.