COMMON BRAND(S): Ancobon
GENERIC NAME(S): Flucytosine
What is flucytosine?
Flucytosine is an antifungal medication used in the treatment of serious fungal infections of the blood, lungs, heart, central nervous system, and urinary tract.
Uses of flucytosine
This medication is used for Fungal infection of:
- The blood.
- Central nervous system.
- Urinary tract,
Side effects of flucytosine
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to flucytosine.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, flucytosine is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.