Brand name: Nexletol
Generic name: bempedoic acid
Dosage form: Tablets
Company: Esperion Therapeutics, Inc.
Treatment for: High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous.
What is Nexletol and it’s used for?
Nexletol is a cancer prescription medicine used along with diet and other lipid-lowering medicines in the treatment of adults with:
- heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HeFH).
- Lowers “bad” cholesterol (LDL-C) levels.
Side effects of bempedoic acid
- Abdominal pain.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to bempedoic acid.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, bempedoic acid is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.