What is Nplate?
GENERIC NAME(S): Romiplostim
Nplate (romiplostim) is a protein(Man-Made) for the production of platelets (blood-clotting cells) in the human body which prevents bleeding in people with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
Uses of Nplate (romiplostim)
- idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura – ITP
Side effects of Nplate (romiplostim)
- Joint/muscle pain.
- Abdominal pain.
- Tingling/numbness in hands/feet.
- Trouble sleeping.
Nplate (romiplostim) side effects in Children
- Mouth/throat pain.
- Easy bruising.
- Swelling hands/ankles.
If any Side effects persist, worsen, or any serious side effects consult your doctor immediately.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Nplate (romiplostim).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Nplate (romiplostim) is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.