Generic Name: simeprevir (sim E pre vir)
Brand Names: Olysio
What is Olysio?
Olysio (simeprevir) is an antiviral medicine used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in adults in combination with other medications.
Uses of Olysio
- Chronic hepatitis C.
- Viral Infection of the liver.
The side effects of olysio
- Signs of an allergic reaction.
- Shortness of breath.
- Red, blistered, or swollen skin.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Mouth sores.
- Eye irritation.
- Deadly liver problems.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Olysio.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Olysio is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.