What is Iclusig?
Generic Name: ponatinib (poe NA ti nib)
Class: kinase inhibitors.
Formulations: Ponatinib 15mg, 30mg, 45mg; tabs; contains lactose.
Brand Names: Iclusig
Taken As: 45 mg once daily.
Iclusig (ponatinib) is used in the treatment of a type of blood cancer called chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Used of Iclusig (ponatinib)
Iclusig (ponatinib) is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
- Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
Side effects of Iclusig (ponatinib)
- Loss of appetite may occur.
Consult your doctor if any side effects occur, persists, worsen, or any serious side effects.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Iclusig (ponatinib).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Iclusig (ponatinib) is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.