What is Zelboraf?
Brand Names: Zelboraf
Class(s): kinase inhibitors
GENERIC NAME(S): Vemurafenib
Taken as: Injection
Zelboraf (vemurafenib) is a cancer prescription medicine is used in the treatment of melanoma (skin cancer) which cannot be removed by surgery.
Uses of Zelboraf (vemurafenib):
Zelboraf (vemurafenib) is used in the treatment of :
- Erdheim-Chester Disease (a rare blood cancer).
- Melanoma (skin cancer).
Side effects of Zelboraf (vemurafenib)
- Hair loss.
- Dry skin.
- Swelling of ankles/feet/hands.
- Joint/muscle pain.
Please consult your doctor immediately if any side effects, serious side effects, or side effects worsen, persist.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Zelboraf (vemurafenib).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Zelboraf (vemurafenib) is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.