Generic Name: letermovir (oral/injection) (le TERM oh vir)
What is Prevymis?
Prevymis (letermovir) is an antiviral medicine that helps in the prevention of seropositive cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection after a stem cell (bone marrow) transplant.
Uses of Prevymis
- Seropositive of cytomegalovirus (CMV).
Side effects of Prevymis
- Swelling ankles/feet.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Prevymis.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Prevymis is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.