What is Rituxan?
Generic Name: rituximab (ri TUX i mab)
Brand Names: Rituxan
Rituxan (rituximab) is an intravenous (IV) infusion that is a cancer prescription medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.
Uses of Rituxan:
It is a prescription medicine used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat the following conditions:
- non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- chronic lymphocytic leukemia in adults.
- rheumatoid arthritis in adults;
- granulomatosis with polyangiitis.
- microscopic polyangiitis
- pemphigus Vulgaris in Adults.
Side effects of Rituxan:
- Joint/muscle pain.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Rituxan (rituximab).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Rituxan (rituximab) is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.