What is Xospata?
Generic Name: gilteritinib (GIL te RI ti nib)
Brand Names: Xospata
Xospata (gilteritinib) is a cancer prescription medicine used to treat acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in adults with an abnormal FLT3 gene.
Uses of Xospata (gilteritinib)
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
Side effects of Xospata (gilteritinib)
- Mouth sores.
- Decreased appetite.
- Changes in taste.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Muscle/joint pain.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Xospata (gilteritinib).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Xospata (gilteritinib) is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.