What is Zometa?
Generic Name: zoledronic acid (ZOE le DRON ik AS id)
Brand Names: Zometa
Zometa (zoledronic acid – sometimes called zoledronate) is used in the treatment of high blood levels of calcium caused by cancer (also called hypercalcemia of malignancy).
Uses of Zometa?
- Multiple myeloma (a type of bone marrow cancer).
- Bone cancer.
- high blood levels of calcium
Side effects of Zometa
- Flu-like symptoms (such as fever, chills, muscle/joint aches).
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Zometa.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Zometa is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.