What is Blincyto?
Generic Name: blinatumomab (BLIN a TOOM oh mab)
Brand Name: Blincyto
Taken As: Injection
Class: Monoclonal antibodies
Blincyto is a cancer prescription medication used in the treatment of a certain type of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults and children.
Uses of Blincyto
Blincyto is used to treat acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Side effects of Blincyto
Some possible side effects of blincyto:
- Shaking (tremor).
- Swelling ankles/feet/hands.
Consult your doctor if any side effects occur, persist, worsen, or any serious side effects.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Blincyto(Blinatumomab).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Blincyto is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.