What is defibrotide?
Defibrotide increases the breakdown of clots in the blood is used in the treatment of severe veno-occlusive disease (VOD) in adults and children who have undergone chemotherapy and a stem-cell transplant.
Defibrotide side effects
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding;
- blood in your urine or stools;
- confusion, headaches;
- vision problems, slurred speech; or
- a light-headed feeling, like you, might pass out.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Defibrotide.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Defibrotide is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.