What is Eldisine?
Generic: vindesine sulphate
Classification: Anti-neoplastic drug
Eldisine injection used alone or in combination with other oncolytic drugs for melanoma, leukemia cancer treatment.
Eldisine comes in Powdered 5mg form containing 5mg vindesine sulphate for a 5ml injection solution.
Uses of Eldisine
Eldisine is used in the treatment of:
• acute lymphoblastic leukaemia of childhood when other drugs don’t work.
• Blastic crises of chronic myeloid leukaemia;
• malignant melanoma when other medicines and treatments don’t work.
• Unresponsive advanced carcinoma of the breast.
Side effects of vindesine sulphate:
- Vesiculation of the mouth.
- Abdominal pain.
- Perforated duodenal ulcer (nausea and vomiting usually may be controlled by anti-emetic agents).
- Numbness and tingling of hands/feet (paraesthesia).
- Peripheral neuritis.
- Jaw pain.
- Mental depression.
- Loss of deep tendon reflexes.
- Foot drop.
There are some other side effects when combined with other medication so if ask your doctor before undergoing the treatment.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur persists or worsen or any serious side effects.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Eldisine injection.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Eldisine injection is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.