What is Piqray?
Generic/Chemical Name: alpelisib
Brand Name: Piqray
Class: Antineoplastics, PI3K Inhibitors
Piqray (chemical name: alpelisib) is a prescription medication approved to be used in the treatment of advanced breast cancer that has grown after treatment with hormonal therapy in postmenopausal women and men.
Uses of alpelisib(Piqray)
- Advanced-stage Breast cancer.
- metastatic hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer.
- HER2-negative breast cancer with a PIK3CA mutation.
Side effects of alpelisib(Piqray)
The following common side effects may occur while using alpelisib(Piqray):
- Changes in food tastes.
- Loss of appetite.
- Decreased weight.
- dry skin.
- Mouth pain or sores.
If any of these effects persist or worsen consult to tell your doctor promptly.
- Make sure you are not allergic to alpelisib(Piqray).
- Tell your doctor before any vaccination.
- May affect fertility.
- Not recommended in Pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.