What is Talzenna?
Generic/Chemical Name: Talazoparib
Formulations: 0.25mg, 1mg; caps
Talzenna is a brand-name prescription medication for the treatment of certain types of breast cancer in adults.
It’s used to treat breast cancer with each of the following characteristics:
- Hormone receptor-positive or hormone receptor-negative.
- Mutations in BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes (types of breast cancer genes).
- HER2-negative breast cancer.
- Advanced breast cancer treatment.
Talzenna formulated as 1 mg and 0.25 mg capsules forms taken by mouth once daily.
Side effects of Talazoparib(Talzenna)
- Decreased appetite.
- Abdominal pain.
- Change in how food tastes.
- Dizziness may occur.
If any of these effects worsen or persist, tell your doctor promptly.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Talzenna.
- Tell your doctor if you are undergoing vaccination.
- Worsens infections.
- While Pregnant this medication is not recommended.
- Breastfeeding not recommended.