What is Tasigna?
Generic Name: nilotinib (nye LOE ti nib)
Brand Names: Tasigna
Tasigna (nilotinib) is a cancer prescription medicine comes as capsules are used in the treatment of a type of blood cancer called Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in adults and children who are at least 1 year old.
Uses of Tasigna (nilotinib)
Tasigna used in the treatment of:
- Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML).
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Side effects of Tasigna (nilotinib)
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Tasigna (nilotinib).
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Tasigna (nilotinib) is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.