COMMON BRAND(S): Temodar
GENERIC NAME(S): Temozolomide
Class: Alkylating agents
What is Temodal?
Temodal is a cancer prescription medicine that contains the active substance temozolomide. It is available as capsules (5 mg, 20 mg, 100 mg, 140 mg, 180 mg and 250 mg) and as a powder to be made up into a solution for infusion (drip into a vein).
What is Temodal used for?
Temodal is an anticancer prescription medicine. It is used to treat malignant glioma (brain tumours) in the following groups of patients:
- adults with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme (an aggressive type of brain tumour).
- adults and children three years of age and over with malignant glioma such as glioblastoma multiforme or anaplastic astrocytoma.
Side effects of Temodar
- Loss of appetite.
- Mouth sores.
- Changes in taste.
- Trouble sleeping.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Temodar.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Temodar is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.