What is Afinitor?
Brand Name: Afinitor
GENERIC NAME(S): Everolimus (Antineoplastic)
Afinitor (everolimus) is breast cancer that slows cancer cells from spreading in the body.
Uses of Afinitor (everolimus):
- kidney cancer treatments.
- Breast cancer.
- Brain tumor.
- Advanced or progressive tumors of the stomach, intestines, or pancreas treatment.
- Afinitor is also used to treat certain types of seizures or non-cancerous (benign) tumors of the brain or kidney.
Side Effects of Afinitor (everolimus):
- Decreased Appetite.
- Weight Loss.
- Changes In Taste.
- Dry Skin.
- Dizziness, And Headache.
- Mouth sores/pain.
If Any Of These Effects Persist Or Worsen or any serious side effects, consult your doctor immediately.
- Tell all your medical history to the doctor.
- Make Sure you are not allergic to Everolimus.
- Avoid alcohol, driving, and tell the doctor if you are using marijuana.
- Not recommended in pregnancy.
- Do not Breastfeed.
- Discuss fertility problems as Everolimus may affect your fertility.