What is Calquence?
Class: Kinase inhibitors
Generic Name: acalabrutinib (a KAL a BROO ti nib)
Brand Names: Calquence
Calquence (acalabrutinib) blocks the action of certain enzymes in the body, which can interfere with the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Uses of Calquence (acalabrutinib)
Calquence medication is used in treatment of certain types of cancer :
- Mantle cell lymphoma.
- Small lymphocytic lymphoma – SLL.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia – CLL).
- Make sure you are not allergic to Calquence.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Calquence is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.