Generic Name: fingolimod (fin GOE li mod)
Brand Name: Gilenya
What is Gilenya?
Gilenya is used for treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS) in adults, and children, and adolescents aged 10 years and older by decreasing the frequency of relapse symptoms.
Uses of Gilenya
- multiple sclerosis (MS).
Side effects of Gilenya
Following side effects may occur.
- Back pain.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Gilenya.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Gilenya is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.