Generic Name: adalimumab (AY da LIM ue mab)
Brand Name: Humira
What is Humira?
Humira is used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions in adults, such as ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, and a skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa.
Uses of Humira
Humira is used in the treatment of:
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Psoriatic arthritis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Plaque psoriasis.
Side effects of Humira
- Swelling at the injection site.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Humira.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Humira is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.