Generic Name: sarilumab (sar IL ue mab)
Brand Name: Kevzara
What is Kevzara?
Kevzara (sarilumab) reduces the effects of a substance in the body that can cause inflammation.
Kevzara reduces the inflammation-causing element that is used in the treatment of moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis in adults and is a possible Covid-19 medication in severe patients.
Uses of Kevzara
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis treatment.
- Possible Covid-19 medication.
Side effects of Kevzara
- Pain at the injection site.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Kevzara.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Kevzara is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.