Generic Name: nitisinone (nye TIS i none)
Brand Name: Nityr, Orfadin
What is Orfadin?
Orfadin is used in the treatment of hereditary tyrosinemia type 1 (HT-1)(a rare genetic condition) in which the body lacks in produce enzymes which breaks food proteins and prevents the body from breaking down tyrosine.
Uses of Orfadin
- Prevention of toxic substances from harming liver and kidney.
- Hereditary tyrosinemia type 1 (HT-1).
Side effects Orfadin
The suspension may cause
- Upset stomach.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to orfadin.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, orfadin is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.