Generic Name: cysteamine (sis TEE a meen)
Brand Name: Cystagon, Procysbi
What is Procysbi?
Procysbi is used in the treatment of a rare genetic condition called nephropathic cystinosis (NEF-roe-PATH-ik SIS-tin-OH-sis), which builds up cystine in the kidneys or other organs may lead to kidney failure or other medical problems.
Uses of Procysbi
- Reduces the production of cystine in the body.
Side effects of Procysbi
Following side effects may occur during the use of Procysbi.
- Abdominal pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Loss of Breath/skin odor.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Procysbi.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Procysbi is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.