Generic Name: palivizumab (PAL i VIZ oo mab)
Brand Names: Synagis
What is Synagis?
Synagis (palivizumab) is a man-made antibody that is used to prevent serious lung disease caused by the respiratory syncytial virus in premature infants, and infants born with certain lung disorders or heart disease.
Uses of Synagis
- prevents serious lung disease caused by the respiratory syncytial virus in Infants.
- Fever or pain.
- Swelling at the injection site.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Synagis.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Synagis is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.