Generic Name: ixekizumab (IX ee KIZ ue mab)
Brand Name: Taltz Autoinjector, Taltz Prefilled Syringe
Class: monoclonal antibodies
What is Taltz?
Taltz (ixekizumab) reduces inflammation by reducing the effects of the inflammation-causing substances and treatment of plaque psoriasis in adults and children at least 6 years old, active psoriatic arthritis or active ankylosing spondylitis and axial spondyloarthritis.
Uses of Taltz
- Reduces inflammation.
- Treatment of Plaque psoriasis.
- Treatment of active psoriatic arthritis or active ankylosing spondylitis.
- Treatment of axial spondyloarthritis.
Side effects of Taltz
- Pain at the injection site.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Taltz.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Taltz is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.