Generic Name: lomustine (LOE mus teen)
Brand Name: Gleostine
Class: alkylating agents
What is Gleostine?
Gleostine is used in the treatment of brain tumors in people who have already received surgery or radiation and for treatment of Hodgkin’s disease with other medications.
Uses of Gleostine
- Brain tumors.
- Hodgkin’s disease.
Side effects of Gleostine
- Loss of appetite.
- Mouth/lip sores.
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Gleostine.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Gleostine is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.