Generic Name: ipilimumab (IP i LIM ue mab)
Brand Names: Yervoy
What is Yervoy and its uses?
Yervoy (ipilimumab) is a cancer prescription medicine is used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat certain types of cancer such as:
- skin cancer (melanoma);
- non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC);
- pleural mesothelioma.
- kidney cancer.
- liver cancer.
- colorectal cancer.
Side effects of Yervoy
Consult your doctor immediately if any side effects occur, worsen, persist or any serious side effects occur.
- Make sure you are not allergic to Yervoy.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Before going under surgery tell your doctor about the medication.
- Before any vaccination, discuss with your doctor about your medication.
- In pregnancy, Yervoy is not allowed.
- Breastfeeding not allowed.