Cancer is an uncontrolled, abnormal cell growth condition associated with DNA damage. The increased prevalence of cancer become a global health concern. A recent survey of the global incidence of cancer shows that the cancer prevalence in American states raises up more than 300 cases per 1 million population. According to the American Cancer Society, 5, 00,000 Americans in the United States die due to cancer. The fetal outcome related to cancer fully depends upon the cancer stage. Dietary indiscretion and cigarette smoking are two great contributory factors in cancer progression. Why natural treatment for cancer reduction become popular?
Modern medical science has made some major tramps in the understanding of cancer progression. But the medical treatment for complete curing and preventing cancer is still undiscovered. Medical advancement invents conventional therapies, which mainly based on destroying or removal of cancerous development from the body. Avoidance of smoking and healthy dietary measures have cancer-preventive effects. The following dietary measures can reduce the risk of cancer cell growth and also assist in treating cancer along with conventional therapies:
- Dietary management for cancer prevention includes maximum intake of whole foods, naturally ripened fruits, fresh foods obtained from plant sources. Gradually this dietary management is also supported by modern medical science, as they found plant-based foods are potent anti-oxidant property.
- Different nutritional recommendations such as omega 3 fatty acids, quercetin, genistein, fiber-rich food, and even low-fat containing foods have preventive actions against stomach cancer, leukemia, lung cancer, ovarian cancer, etc.
- Low glycemic foods need to avoid, as this can cause hyperglycemia. Chronic hyperglycemic condition or diabetes has a correlation with cancer development. Hyperglycemia generates free radicals which may enhance advanced glycation end products, like protein or lipid glycated product formation is increased in contact with glucose and promotes inflammation. Moreover, elevated hemoglobin A1c is a biomarker for hyperglycemia, which helps to estimates the hyperglycemic tendency in a prolonged period may be weekly or monthly. Some trials also found the link between elevated hemoglobin A1c and increased risk of endometrial, pancreatic, colorectal, and other cancers.
- Spices like clove, cardamom, garlic, ginger also have anti-cancer properties.
Apart from the above mentioned dietary measures following Superfoods and herbs are also helpful in cancer management:
- A grape seed extract has an inhibitory effect on cancer cell growth.
- Obesity increases the risk of cancer; grapefruit has an anti-obesity effect and can assist to prevent cancer by controlling obesity.
- Vitamin E, Vitamin C, lycopene, selenium, alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, and other antioxidant-rich fresh fruits and vegetables fight against cancer cell growth.
- Wheatgrass juice has a remedial effect against cancer, especially for cancer patients who are treated with radiation therapy.
- Green tea has an anti-angiogenesis effect and can shrink the malignant tumor.
- Several herbal remedies like alfalfa, Irish moss, dandelion root, rose hips, oat straw, etc. augment skin tissue healing and prevent the risk of skin cancer development.
- Turmeric, ginger, capsicum, bilberry, etc are different herbs that regulate the blood composition, and liver function and may prevent unwanted cell growth.
- Astragalus herb has an immunity-boosting effect and Chinese cucumber seeds and peels have an anti-cancer effect.
- Noni is a fruit that can alter cancerous cell growth to normal cell growth and also can block tumor growth.
- DandGuiLonghui wan is a Chinese Traditional herb used as a folk medicine for treating leukemia.